What does P06DD code mean?
P06DD is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance." This can happen for multiple reasons, and a mechanic needs to diagnose the specific cause for this code to be triggered in your situation.
Some common causes of P06DD are:
1. EGR temperature sensor is faulty
2. Wiring issue between the EGR temperature sensor and the PCM
3. Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system is restricted or clogged
4. EGR valve is sticking or not opening properly
5. PCM itself is faulty
6. Insufficient engine cooling caused by a faulty cooling fan or low coolant level
If you have P06DD code pop up on your OBD-II scanner, take your car to a qualified mechanic to diagnose and repair it. Do not ignore this code, as it can cause long-term damage to your engine.